Friends of Worth
The Friends of Worth (FoW) is a parent organisation that aims to foster and encourage the community spirit and Benedictine values which are at the heart of Worth. All current parents are members unless they specifically elect not to be.
Friends of Worth is dedicated to supporting Worth School by:
- Welcoming new parents to Worth
- Putting on events where parents can meet and get to know each other
- Providing opportunities for parents to meet staff and members of the monastic community on an informal basis
- Raising funds for extras for the school
Parents subscribe £12 per family per term to FoW which is used to fund social events and, with other funds raised, allows FoW to purchase extras for the school which enhance the life of the students. Each house has FoW House Reps. They are available to provide new parents with any information they may require.
Every year the Friends of Worth fund a number of projects. Recent donations have included state-of-the-art theatre lighting, new fencing scoreboards, the refurbishment of the Oval Pavilion adjacent to the new Astroturf and the beautiful chalices and ciboria now in use in the refurbished Abbey.
The FoW also run a lottery called the 300 Club which is open to a maximum of 300 members, each paying by annual subscription of £24. Regular draws are held throughout the year and it is an excellent way to support the work of the FoW. For full details of draws and prize allocation, please click here. The rules of the Club can be found here and for an application form click here. The form should be returned via the School, marked for the attention of Professor Mo Jalie c/o Friends of Worth.
- New Parents’ Supper in September
- Coffee before Family Mass on the first Sunday of each term
- Refreshments before the Christmas Carol Service in December
- Spring Term function - St Patrick's Night in March
- Drinks reception on Speech Day
- Summer Ball every two years
- Worth Day summer event every two years
Each House has a Friends of Worth Social Group who will organise any number of events including lunches, drinks receptions, curry & quiz evenings, summer barbecues and family days. Click on the link below to see details for a particular House.